Hi and thank you for your interest in reaching out to me! To save us both time, I've briefly described the kind of job opportunities/requirements that am interested in. If the job you have matches these, then feel free to reach out to me.
- You must provide details on the role and responsibilities for the job through email before I will chat over phone. This saves both of us 10-20 minutes of talking if the role was never going to be a good fit in the first place.
- Do not call me before emailing role information.
Role and Responsibilities
- I must be able to publish research at top-tier computer science conferences. This is non-negotiable. If your employer does not allow me to publish then I am not interested.
- I am primarily interested in Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning research.
- The role should be predominantly about fundamental research and not primarily about software engineering.
- The role should be in the pacific northwest, west coast, or rocky mountain regions of the United States. For example, there must be something truly exceptional about the job for me to relocate to the east coast. For international roles, it would depend on additional details.
- I am not interested in fixed term contract jobs.