Hi and thank you for your interest in reaching out to me! To save us both time, I've briefly described the kind of job opportunities/requirements that interest me. If the job you have matches these, then feel free to reach out to me, and I'll do my best to give a prompt reply. If the job you have doesn't match then feel free to contact me, but don't expect a reply; perhaps sometime in the future my job requirements change, and I'll reach out to you.
- You must provide details on the role and responsibilities for the job through email before I will chat over phone. If the role was never going to be a good fit then this save us both 10-20 minutes.
- Do not call me before emailing role information.
- If it is obvious you have not read my website or CV/Resume, I will ignore you message.
Role and Responsibilities
- The role should be predominantly about fundamental research.
- The role should not primarily about software engineering or product development.
- I am primarily interested in Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning research.
- I must be able to publish research at top-tier computer science conferences (e.g., ACL). This should be part of the job responsibilities and/or a valued contribution. This is non-negotiable.
- I strongly prioritize geographic locations where I can enjoy the outdoor activities I love: skiing, rock climbing, and hiking.
- Thus, ideally the role should be in the pacific northwest, west coast, or rocky mountain regions of the United States (e.g., Seattle, Bay Area, Denver etc.).
- Something should be truly exceptional about the job for me to move somewhere where enjoying my outdoors interests is difficult (e.g., NYC or DC).
- I might entertain international positions depending on details. For example, I've lived in Zurich, Switzerland and loved my time there; I'd strongly consider opportunities in places like that.
- I am not interested in fixed term contract jobs.